Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"Now I like to smile!"

Today we interviewed Sweta, who, after being in Karuna for some years, now studies in the 10th standard at Lexicon School through Bombay Smiles. We are all very proud of Sweta because of her large achievements in school and because, in the last few years, she has become much less reserved on her own accord. She has lost her shyness to become what she is today: an excellent girl.

- Sweta, what is your favourite subject?
English. I love it because I like to read and write books.

- And what do you write?
Well, I like to write different stories: about my day, the things that happen to me…

-Another journalist in the family!
(laughs)

- Who is your favourite teacher?
Miss. Suram, because she teaches very well. She is very patient and explains things to us as many times as it takes for us to understand them.

- And who is your best friend?
Hmm… Well I have a lot of friends, but maybe in school my best friend is Pretty because we talk a lot about what we read. She also really likes reading.
- And when your not reading, what is your favourite hobbie?
I really like singing and dancing. I almost always sing English songs.

- What do you want to do when you grow up?
Teach! I could teach how to write, or how to draw… which I also really like.

- What do you like most about our Spanish friends who came to see us?
A lot! I always have a lot of fun because they like singing and dancing and sometimes I sing and dance with them. They’re very fun!

- What would you like to tell them?
That every time that they come they teach me new words. I would love to learn Spanish!
Her Pictures:

Sweta has selected some of her favourite photos from these last years and has commented on each of them.


With my friend Ankita, the day that they interviewed me. They interviewed her too.


With my friend Dolly four years ago. It used to embarrass me to laugh, I was very shy, but at Karuna they were always telling me to smile because I have a beautiful smile. And now I smile without covering my mouth! Now I like to smile!



Singing a song when we still had class in the little house. Then, thanks to Spanish friends, the beautiful Ambassador School was constructed, where I continued to study until I entered Lexicon School





With two of my best frends, Mr. Jaume and Ankita, talking in Karuna. Mr. Jaume always tells me to study hard and every time that he sees me it’s the first things that he asks me.





With my friend Priyanka Sonawane, who is very nice. Whenever we saw a rat she always hunted it. Mr. Juame started jokingly calling her “Rat Killer” and she start to say it too and we laughed a lot!





With Priyanka and Neeta in the schoolyard.





With Neeta, during my final presentation in Science at the Ambassador School. I was very nervous but the presentation went well!








Jesus, a boy who came to visit Ambassador School. He is a barber and combed Núria’s hair and we all helped. We had a lot of fun that day!




A photo from a trip to Khandala, a beautiful place in the mountains were we go every year. At night we make a campfire and sing songs and put on plays.



We all painted this mural in my class of Plastic Arts.










1 comment: